For over 100 years, the ACLU has been at the forefront of every major civil liberties fight in our country’s history. Whether it’s reducing the prison and jail population, achieving full equality for the LGBTQ community, reducing immigration detention, or ending unjust laws that strip people of their fundamental right to vote, we take up the toughest civil liberties issues to defend all individuals from government abuse and overreach. With ACLU affiliate offices in all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico, we fight tirelessly to defend our rights in the courts, influence public policy, and empower communities to advance rights for all.
The ACLU of New Hampshire was established in 1968 as a nonprofit, nonpartisan, public interest organization dedicated to the defense and expansion of civil liberties and civil rights in New Hampshire. We are the state’s largest and most influential civil rights organization, combining litigation, policy advocacy, communications, and community organizing tactics to promote a broad range of individual rights and liberties. We have a staff of 13 professionals working in our Concord office. We are a passionate, highly motivated group of lawyers, public policy experts, lobbyists, community organizers, communicators, and fundraisers, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. To learn more about the work of the ACLU of New Hampshire, please visit www.aclu-nh.org.
The ACLU Foundation of New Hampshire is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Administrative Specialist. The Administrative Specialist will support our general operations and provide specific support to the Development Department. The Administrative Specialist will report to the Operations and Administrations Manager.
Our ideal candidate should possess strong administrative and organizational skills, superb attention to details, ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and scheduled appointments, and excellent oral and written communication skills. During the Covid-19 pandemic, face-to-face meetings with colleagues are replaced by phone contact and video meetings from the Administrative Specialist’s home, facilitated with ACLU of NH operations support. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the ACLU of NH will temporarily accommodate remote work for this position. Subsequently, this position will be based out of the ACLU of NH office in Concord, NH. This is a full-time position and the ACLU of NH will provide equipment for temporary remote work.
General Administrative Support
- Provide scheduling support to the Executive Director.
- Provide administrative support to the legal, political, and communications teams as needed.
- Manage intake of requests for legal support.
- Help coordinate regular organizational reporting.
- Manage office supply inventory.
- Help to coordinate IT support and supply needs.
- Organize and maintain hard copy and digital files.
- Assist in processing office mail.
- Providing other administrative and operations support as needed.
- Provide support to the Development Director.
- Manage cultivation of portfolio donors, including contacting donors by phone and email.
- Provide and prepare weekly, biweekly and monthly financial and metrics reports.
- Manage, write, and send acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with the publication of tri-yearly newsletter.
- Prepare mailing lists for newsletters and other outreach initiatives.
- Assist with events to cultivate and engage ACLU of NH supporters.
- Maintain integrity of database and ensure data is entered consistently and accurately.
- Research new donors and prospects to qualify for major gifts portfolio.
- Assist in processing gifts.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Two+ years of administrative experience in a fast-pace office environment.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficiency with office technology and information systems (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and databases, preferably Salesforce.
- An earnest commitment to diversity; a personal approach that values individuals and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstance, and the ability to work with diverse individuals within the organization and the broader community.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The ACLU of New Hampshire is an equity-based employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU of New Hampshire encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, previous incarceration or involvement in the criminal justice system, or veteran status. We provide a friendly work environment, with flexibility and consideration of personal needs and circumstances.
The salary for this position will be $42,000. The ACLU of New Hampshire provides excellent benefits, including health insurance and generous paid-time-off policies, as well as a Defined Contribution 401K Retirement Plan.
Please submit via email a resume and cover letter to Karen Rose, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Administrative Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
Application review will start November 11, 2020. Applications after that date are encouraged and will be accepted until the position is filled