Position Overview: This is a full-time 6 month organizer position. The ACLU of New Hampshire is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Redistricting Organizer. The Redistricting Organizer will directly employ organizing tools and tactics to implement ACLU of New Hampshire goals to raise awareness about the harmful impact gerrymandering has on policy making, to encourage participation in activities that defend democratic ideals, and to increase direct grassroots engagement in every step of the legislative redistricting process. The Redistricting Organizer will report to the Director of Community Engagement. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the ACLU of NH will temporarily accommodate remote work for this position,and provide equipment for temporary remote work. Subsequently, this position will be based out of the ACLU of NH office in Concord, NH,with flexibility to work remotely.
- Execute ACLU of New Hampshire strategy at the most local level by organizing, educating, training and coaching the public as well as recruiting volunteers, educating them on the redistricting process, and turning them out to actions and events
- Train volunteers to use digital tools to engage with the redistricting commission
- Directly use organizing tools and tactics to influence the passage of fair maps
- Coordinate work with specific partner groups in the Fair Map coalition and communities of interests throughout the state
- Communicate ACLU of New Hampshire strategy with large groups of the public including partner groups and grassroots volunteers
- Demonstrated experience working in and building relationships in diverse communities in New Hampshire, especially with communities of color and/or tribal communities
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems quickly
- Responsive, responsible communicator especially in rapidly evolving scenarios
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using social media tools and metrics
- Experience in working with local and national political coalitions.
- Experience in electoral campaign planning, program development and budgeting.
- A strategic mindset that encompasses base-building, coalition-building, public policy, communications, and field and electoral organizing.
- Self-directed individual, strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple ongoing initiatives
- Other duties as needed
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The ACLU of New Hampshire is an equity-based employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU of New Hampshire encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, previous incarceration or involvement in the criminal justice system, or veteran status. We provide a friendly work environment, with flexibility and consideration of personal needs and circumstances.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The salary for this position will be $21,000 over the sixth month period. The ACLU of New Hampshire provides excellent benefits, including health insurance with generous paid-time-off policies, as well as a Defined Contribution 401K Retirement Plan.
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. No phone calls when applying. All inquiries should include Redistricting Organizer in the subject line and all attachments should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please indicate where you learned of this job posting.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential accountabilities and qualifications. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU of New Hampshire reserves the right to change the job description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU of New Hampshire is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU of New Hampshire encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to arrest or conviction, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
ACLU OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
The ACLU of NH is a non-profit, non-partisan organization committed to liberty, justice, and equality. We actively defend the principles enshrined in the New Hampshire state Constitution, and the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. We fight discrimination against targeted and vulnerable communities. As a comprehensive civil rights organization, our priorities include criminal justice reform, data privacy, disability rights, free speech, freedom to worship, immigrants’ rights, LGBTQ rights, racial justice, reproductive freedom, and voting rights.
The ACLU of NH does our work:
In the courtroom. Our attorneys are in courthouses across the Granite State defending people whose rights have been violated and filing lawsuits against government overreach.
At the statehouse. We fiercely advocate for policies that protect civil rights and liberties in New Hampshire.
In the streets and communities. Our organizers empower volunteers to educate and uplift the voices of their communities.
With more than a million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, DC, for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or national origin.